Consuming colorful vegetables isn’t just good for your insides; it’s a surefire way to improve the look, and, yes, color of your skin. Brightly colored veggies, like carrots, contain carotene, which allows the skin to reflect a different tone. Carotene also carries the benefit of absorbing UV rays, so the smoothie recipe below will do double-duty in your quest for the sun.
Drink this smoothie daily and you will surely start to glow!
*A note about blenders. You’ll probably come across numerous bloggers and smoothie-fanatics telling you that a $400 blender is a must-have for successful smoothies. Not so. I’ve been using this simple and powerful blender and it works perfectly.
Tropical Suntan Smoothie–please pin this!
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 knob fresh ginger, chopped
- ½ c. – ¾c. orange juice (fresh preferred)
- ½ c. fresh or frozen papaya
- ¾ c. fresh or frozen pineapple
- ½ c. fresh or frozen peaches, cantaloupe, or fruit of your choice
- Coconut water
- Place carrot, ginger, and orange juice in a high speed blender. Blend together until smooth.
- Add papaya, pineapple, peaches (or other fruit) to the blender. Add coconut water to cover the mixture.
- Blend at high speed, adding more coconut water to thin if necessary.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!