The summer brings so much good: long days, predictable weather, fresh produce, outdoor living. I try to spend as little time indoors as possible, and the thought of standing in a hot kitchen always makes me balk. The preparation of breakfast is no exception. At the start of new, sunny day, the last thing I’d like is a heavy meal.
Below, I’ve compiled a list of easy, light breakfast ideas for those heady summer mornings.
Granola with Silk Almond Coconut milk blend
You can’t get lighter and easier than a bowl of cereal, but amp up those grains by choosing an unprocessed granola with lots of nuts and seeds. Add fresh summer fruit from the farmer’s market and splash in some Silk Almond-Coconut milk blend. It adds just the right amount of flavor and an extra dash of nutrition.
Chia Seed Pudding with Almond Milk
I’m obsessed with chia seed pudding. It’s my new go-to breakfast dish, and you can get as creative with it as you’d like.
- ⅔ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened Silk Soymilk, Almondmilk or Almond Coconut blend
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes, nuts, or dried fruit (optional)
- Put chia seeds, Silk Almond milk, vanilla, and cocoa powder (if using) in a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour into 1-quart mason jar with a lid. Tighten lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, stir well. Spoon into bowls and top with fruit and coconut.
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ – ½ cup Silk Almond or Almond Coconut milk
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt or Silk Soy Yogurt
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- Fruit, nuts, honey, cocoa, etc. to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. (Make individual servings by pouring the oats into small mason jars.)
- Refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, top with fresh fruit, honey, or nut butter.
Fruit & Cheese
This one is pretty self-explanatory, but pick out some decadent cheeses, beautiful, ripe fruit, and slice them on a plate. Some of my favorite combinations are goat cheese and peaches or a sharp provolone and apples.
Create your own easy breakfast with Silk!
Right now, sign up with Silk and receive a $2 off coupon! Just CLICK HERE.
Get More Great Ideas!
Did you know that Silk has a loyal following of healthy, engaged individuals? Go check out their Facebook page or Instagram feed to get great recipes and easy tips from Silk and their fans. You can also follow Silk on Twitter and get inspired on Pinterest.