This recipe ROCKS. Please excuse the shitty photo. It’s the best I could get of the grey dip on our recent roadtrip. This hummus works well when using edamame in place of the black beans (and looks prettier, too!). I’ll update soon!
Black Bean Hummus
- 3 cups or 2 cans of organic black beans drained & liquid reserved
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 T. cumin
- 3 T. tahini
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 4 T lemon juice
- 2 T olive oil
- water as needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse the garlic in a food processor to mince.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including 4T of the reserved bean liquid, to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- If the hummus seems too thick, turn on the processor and add water a few tablespoons at a time until desired consistency.
- Chill until serving.