When I get a chocolate craving, I NEED TO FEED IT. I become like a chocolate fiend, searching cupboards, licking wrappers, snorting cocoa powder to get my fix. That may be a bit of hyperbole. The goodness and ease of this recipe is no exaggeration, though. You can whip up some yummy chocolate bars without having chocolate on-hand. And they’ll be ready before your episode of Breaking Bad is finished.
Healthy Chocolate-PB-Coconut-Oat Bars~No Bake!
Easy no-bake chocolate-peanut butter bars are perfect when a chocolate craving strikes!
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. peanut butter can sub another nut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- handful of rolled oats
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add cocoa powder and whisk to combine. Add peanut butter and honey. Stir until combined and melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in coconut and oats, adding more if the mixture is too runny.
- Pour into a small glass container, like a sandwich container or small baking dish.
- For quickest eating: freeze until firm, about 30-40 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Micaela @MindfulMomma says
Wow – those look delicious – and super easy! I think I’ll make some as an after school snack for my boys!
Yes, super-easy was the key. I literally just experimented with what was in the cupboards and they came out great! This is a small batch, though. You may want to try doubling it.
just made these. very nice
Glad you liked them, Nicole!
Stephanie @GoodGirlGoneGreen says
So making these. I make chocolate and add coconut nit never thought of oats. Mmmmm
Mel Baillie says
Yuuuummyy! Just made a double batch it is so delicious! I used coconut syrup instead of honey which has a deeper more golden syrup taste not as sweet as honey so added an extra tablespoon. This is going to be a staple in my house hold thank you so much!!
Awesome! So glad you like them. I’ll have to try the coconut syrup in
my next batch; thanks for the suggestion!
These are delicious…but…healthy and serves 2?? If you divide it into 2 servings it comes out over 900 calories per serving lol I guess the ingredients are clean…