When I get a chocolate craving, I NEED TO FEED IT. I become like a chocolate fiend, searching cupboards, licking wrappers, snorting cocoa powder to get my fix. That may be a bit of hyperbole. The goodness and ease of this recipe is no exaggeration, though. You can whip up some yummy chocolate bars without having chocolate on-hand. And they’ll be ready before your episode of Breaking Bad is finished.
Healthy Chocolate-PB-Coconut-Oat Bars~No Bake!
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 c. peanut butter can sub another nut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- handful of rolled oats
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add cocoa powder and whisk to combine. Add peanut butter and honey. Stir until combined and melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in coconut and oats, adding more if the mixture is too runny.
- Pour into a small glass container, like a sandwich container or small baking dish.
- For quickest eating: freeze until firm, about 30-40 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.