The Time Has Come…
Welcome to the 2012 Go Green Get Fit Challenge
from EcoMom Alliance!
Earth Mama Angel Baby
Because there is No Difference between Personal Health and Environmental Health
Part of the Sustain Your Self™ Program
Please join the challenge!
Kick that booty into gear with helpful tips from well-respected green bloggers, health and wellness brands & organizations, as well as nutritional experts, fitness coaches and personal trainers.
Because I’m notoriously, um, fashionably late and a bit of a procrastinator, I got a jump-start on this challenge by starting last week. You can read all about my Scrawny Arms & Post-Baby Bladder with my intro post to this challenge. The second day of my fitness goals started out like this:
The wind was whipping that day, no doubt. If you haven’t paddled a kayak or canoe before, wind is not only a great resistance to paddle against, but it also tracks your boat in odd directions, so the paddler has to constantly adjust her stroke to stay a straight course. I must say, if you’re looking for a fantastic upper-body, back, and ab workout, go rent a kayak!
I was completely exhausted the next day. My back is still aching, not in the “Killer Workout!” kind of way, but in the “Damn, You’re Old!” kind of way. This chica needs to up the ante on strength training. I’m going to add a Pilates workout to my repertoire, starting TODAY.
- Erin Naumowicz Editor, Healthy Home Magazine
- Kimberly Danek Pinkson Founder, EcoMom® Alliance
- Paige Wolf Author Spit That Out
- Tiffany Washko Editor, NatureMoms
- Diane MacEachern Editor, Big Green Purse
- Katherine Scoleri Editor, SafeMama.com
- April Gatewood Owner and Writer, Mama on a Green Mission
- Robbie Schneider Editor, Going Green Mama
- Amanda Hearn Owner and Editor, The Eco-Friendly Family
- Stephanie Moram Owner and Editor, Good Girl Gone Green
- Sabrina (Bri) Radke Owner and Writer, Eco Baby Mama Drama
- Jenn Savedge Author and Blogger, The Green Parent and Mother Nature Network
- Brenna Burke Owner and Editor, Almost All The Truth
- Sarah White Owner and Writer, Mindfully Frugal Mom
- Nikki Board Founder and Editor, Modern Eco Life
- Erin Ely Owner and Editor, Ely Organics
- Katy Farber Owner and Author, Non-Toxic Kids
- Jen McLaughlin Blogger, Jen and Joey Go Green
- Penelope Jagessar Chaffer Blogger, Toxic Baby Blog
- Lori Popkewitz Alper Founder, Groovy Green Livin
- Jenny Gullen Owner and Editor, The Crunchy Wife
- Anna Hackman Editor, Green Talk
- Lynn Colwell Blogger, Celebrate Green
- Amity Hook-Sopko Editor, Green Child Magazine
- Shane D. Shirley-Smith Editor, ShaneShirleySmith.com
- Laura Burns, Pug in the Kitchen
- Danika Carter, Beauty Editor, Greenwala.com
- Micaela Preston, Editor and Founder, Mindful Momma
I am proud to be in such incredible company!