My husband will not eat fish. Meanwhile, I’ve been known to scarf down a finned-friend for breakfast. I recently threw together an easy dinner that made Hubs say, “If you could make all fish taste like this, I would actually eat it.” I think I deserve an award. 😉
In this recipe, I’ve married my East Coast roots and Southwest flavors with Old Bay and red chile sauce (You could even use my homemade enchilada sauce). I suppose the spice in each disguises “that fishy taste” that fish-haters seem to despise.
I served this crispy cod with mashed sweet potatoes and sautéed broccoli. This dish is paleo/primal friendly!
A Dish for Those Who Hate Fish
Flaky cod and a spicy crust make this tasty enough for the biggest fish-hater!
- 4-6 pieces of wild cod
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 T. red chile sauce
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 heaping T. Old Bay Seasoning
- salt & pepper
- coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg and chile sauce.
- On a large plate, combine almond meal and Old Bay seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Working with one piece of fish at a time, dip the cod into the egg mixture, then coat with almond meal mixture. Set aside.
- Repeat with each piece of cod.
- Heat a large skillet to med-high heat. Add 1-2 T. coconut oil.
- Cook the cod 3-4 minutes each side, until fish is flaky and the crust is browned.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
The Old Adventures of New Christina says
It’s me that isn’t so fond of fish, and my husband who is an avid angler and fish-consumer. But this looks tasty, and I love any recipe that includes coconut oil!