My husband will not eat fish. Meanwhile, I’ve been known to scarf down a finned-friend for breakfast. I recently threw together an easy dinner that made Hubs say, “If you could make all fish taste like this, I would actually eat it.” I think I deserve an award. 😉
In this recipe, I’ve married my East Coast roots and Southwest flavors with Old Bay and red chile sauce (You could even use my homemade enchilada sauce). I suppose the spice in each disguises “that fishy taste” that fish-haters seem to despise.
I served this crispy cod with mashed sweet potatoes and sautéed broccoli. This dish is paleo/primal friendly!
A Dish for Those Who Hate Fish
- 4-6 pieces of wild cod
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 T. red chile sauce
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 heaping T. Old Bay Seasoning
- salt & pepper
- coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg and chile sauce.
- On a large plate, combine almond meal and Old Bay seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Working with one piece of fish at a time, dip the cod into the egg mixture, then coat with almond meal mixture. Set aside.
- Repeat with each piece of cod.
- Heat a large skillet to med-high heat. Add 1-2 T. coconut oil.
- Cook the cod 3-4 minutes each side, until fish is flaky and the crust is browned.