I fell in love with roasted veggies paired with tangy goat cheese in my first job as a restaurant server. The restaurant’s lunch menu featured a sandwich of roasted vegetables and goat cheese over field greens and served on a fresh roll. The combination is classic and makes for a wonderful weekend meal. Roast the veggies ahead of time and pack them up for a picnic or a weekday lunch. Enjoy!
Roasted Veggie Salad
- 4 cup assorted vegetables sliced into large chunks (Best: bell peppers, zucchini, red onion)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 c. crumbled goat cheese
- 4 c. field greens or baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper
- Place a baking stone in the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced vegetables with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place veggies on baking stone and bake for 20-25 minutes, until browned and soft.
Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette:
- Combine vinegar, orange juice, and spices in a medium bowl. Slowly pour in olive oil as you vigorously whisk the vinegar. Continue until well-combined.
- Arrange two plates with equal portions of field greens. Top with cooked vegetables, goat cheese, and drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Serve with whole-grain bread, if desired.
I love a great salad! What’s your favorite salad topper?